It is common knowledge that cosplayers who like to cosplay will often apply makeup to their characters in order to make them look more realistic. For some cosplayers, the use of a makeup artist is necessary because they do not have the skills or experience to do the makeup themselves. Usually, the make-up artist is only responsible for the make-up. After a photo shoot, we must remember to remove our makeup, which we often have to do ourselves.（Anime cosplay costume）
It is very important to remove makeup. If makeup is not removed properly, it can easily lead to clogged pores and pose a threat to the health of the skin. What you generally use to remove makeup: cotton pads, makeup remover, cotton swabs, and face wash.
Eyelash remover: close your eyes and remove a small amount of makeup remover with a cotton swab, this is very simple.
Wipe off the eyeliner: Next, clean the eye shadow and eyebrows. Gently rub the cotton swab with makeup remover back and forth from the inner corner of the eye to the tip of the eye until it is clean. A cotton pad can be used instead.
Lip makeup removal: This is one of the more important aspects. Lip makeup removal is usually done by allowing the lipstick oil to break down sufficiently so that it can be wiped off on the other side.
Face Makeup Removal: Following this order, the makeup removal is basically done, leaving the face with some dirt to be cleaned. You can choose a cleanser according to your skin type and wipe your face clean with a cotton pad.
The face makeup must be removed, the clogged pores will make the skin dull, for those who often shoot cosplay, you must pay attention to this. After removing makeup, it’s a good idea to apply a mask, as it will have a hydrating and protective effect on the skin.
I understand that some cosplayers also buy their own cosmetics, so I’ll go over the storage and cleaning of cosmetics in passing.
Storage of cosmetics.
1. anti-bacterial. Always wash your hands before using cosmetics, and always close them after use to avoid bacterial contamination. It is best not to share cosmetics with others, otherwise it may cause skin allergies.
2. sun protection. All cosmetics should be kept away from light. Ultraviolet rays easily destroy pigments.
3. protection from heat. They should be stored in an environment below 35 degrees Celsius.
4. protection from freezing. Low temperatures can cause moisture in liquid cosmetics to freeze.
5. moisture-proof. Do not store in a humid environment, as it is easy for bacteria to grow and deteriorate. Store in a dry and well-ventilated environment.
6. prevent expiration. Pay attention to the date of manufacture of cosmetics and dispose of expired products promptly.
Cleaning of cosmetic tools.
1) Makeup brush cleaning: Makeup brushes need to be wiped clean with a clean cotton pad or paper towel after each use. The same goes for eye shadow brushes. You can also put it in white eyeshadow powder and then rinse it with warm water and dry it. Put a small amount of shampoo in the water to clean the brushes, then use a conditioner to maintain the brushes.Rinse it with water, absorb the water with a towel, let it air dry, and then gently rub the bristles with your hands before flicking them to restore their fluffiness.
2) Cosmetic sponge and puff cleaning: should be cleaned after each use, to ensure cleanliness. Sponges should be replaced when they become crumbly. Powder puffs, on the other hand, should be cleaned on a regular basis. If the sponge inside the puff is deformed, it should be replaced. It should be dried in a ventilated place after each cleaning.
3) Eyelash curler, eyelash comb: wipe it clean with a tissue after each use.
4) Pens: wipe the tip of the pen after each use, and be sure to put it on the cap.
All in all, don’t forget to take off your makeup after taking cosplay photos, and pay attention to the daily storage and maintenance of cosmetics. Makeup is a discipline that requires long-term study and practice, and I hope that all of you will be able to master it. If you want to learn more about cosplay or buy cosplay costume, pay attention to Cosplaylab, where there are many like-minded people waiting for you.
Chris Harris is a blogger and writer of 21st century. He always looks to gain and share his knowledge through reading and writing. He is a professional writer and featured blogger at various high authority blogs and magazines in which He is sharing research-based content with the vast online community.